Saturday, April 18 at 1:00pm – 8:00pm
The Laughing Man
1306 G St NW, Washington, District of Columbia 20005
Facebook Event Page HERE:
We’ve been itching to get back to hosting tournaments here in the area, so we’re very excited to announce a Smash 4 event right in the heart of DC!
– Venue Fee: $5* (Part of the venue fee will be going towards the Extra Life Chapter in D.C. to help support the Children’s National Medical Center)
– Entry Fee: $5
*First 6 People to commit to bringing a Wii U Setup (Console, Game, Official Nintendo GC Adapter) will receive a $3 refund from their venue fee at the end of the event.
Nearest Metro Stop: Metro Center (Red, Orange & Blue Line). The bar is near the corner of 13th and G.
≤ 32 Entrants
≤ 64 Entrants
5th: 5% each
> 64 Entrants
5th: 5% each
7th: 2.5% each
– Double-elimination bracket
– Each match will be played in a Best of 3 format except for Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals, which will be played in a Best of 5 format.
– 2 stocks, 5 minutes
– Items are set to “off” and “none”
– Customs are ON. Following the EVO ruleset, we will be using custom pre-sets for each character.
– You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a counterpick.
– Controller ports will be decided by players. If there is a conflict, a game of RPS should settle the dispute.
– You can switch controller ports on your counterpick only.
– Any controller issues found mid-game is your own responsibility. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CONTROLS ARE CORRECT BEFORE BEGINNING A MATCH.
– Stalling is banned.
– If the game freezes (intentionally or unintentionally) due to the actions of a character, that player loses that game. This is a very rare occurrence, and you are expected to know the boundaries of your character.
– If a player pauses in the middle of a game (unless by request of a TO), that player must lose his/her current stock.
– A match ending in simultaneous death does not go to the initiator. If the result is sudden death from this, use the normal tiebreaking rules (below) to determine the winner. Otherwise use who the game declared the winner.
– If the timer runs out, the winner is determined first by stock, then by percentage. If there is a tie in both stock and percentage, then follow the tie-breaking procedures outlined below.
– Any and all infinites must end at 300%, otherwise it becomes stalling. All infinites are entirely legal otherwise.
– BYOC (Bring your own controller).
– Coaching mid-match is banned.
1. Both players select a character (blind pick can be requested)
2. From the “Starters” stage list, Player A strikes 1 stage, Player B strikes 2 stages, Player A strikes 1 stage, resulting in the stage to be played for Game 1.
3. Game 1 is played.
4. Winning player bans 1 stage from the Starters and Counterpick stage list.
5. Losing player picks the next stage to be played on.
6. Winning player chooses character (does not have to stay the same character).
7. Losing player chooses character.
8. Next game is played.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 if the game goes to game 3.
1. In the event of a tie game (stock and percentages are equal when the clock runs out, or a simultaneous K.O happens that is not resolved by the game), a 1 stock, 3 minute game will be played.
2. If this match results in another tie, a 1 stock, no time limit game will be played to determine the winner.
(Omega) Palutena’s Temple
Town & City
Omega Stage (any from the following: Battlefield, Final Destination, Pyrosphere, Mushroom Kingdom U, Wii Fit Studio, Palutena’s Temple, Smashville, Wuhu Island)
Banning “Omega Stage” means that ALL Omega Stages are banned.
If a stage in the omega list is banned (i.e. Smashville) it’s omega form is also banned.
Unfortunately due to venue limitations, the internet isn’t sufficient to sustain a live stream of this event. We will, however, be recording as many matches as we can. These recorded matches will be uploaded to YouTube following the event at http://www.youtube.com/DCeSportsLANs.