(Dec 5 ’14) Smash Tournament: ARCADIAN, Clarendon, VA: D.C. eSports 4.32/5 (3)


smasharcadian

Facebook event page here:

Hey all! I’m proud to announce that DC eSports and I will be hosting the first ever Arcadian tournament in the DMV area. For this tournament, our ranked players will be stepping aside to make way for new players and rising stars to battle it up for the title! If you are a new player, this is an amazing opportunity to gain experience!

All current and previously ranked players (up to top-20), both in and out of state, will be ineligible to participate in the bracket. A list of ineligible in-state players will be made available in advance. Any out of state players who wish to attend MUST contact the TOs in advance to confirm eligibility. The current rankings are viewable here: http://i.imgur.com/ey97qKz.jpg

Ranked players are still encouraged to come for happy hour and then stay to spectate, play casuals to help new players, and cheer on the participants. As incentive for ranked players to come, if you show up before 9 pm your first drink will be provided complementary of DC eSports.

We ask that ranked players please do not use the stream setup for casuals.

Schedule:
6:30 pm – Happy Hour
7:30 pm – Sign-ups for Melee Singles ends. Tournament begins.
12:00 am – Tournament ends
2:00 am – Venue closes. People are welcome to stay and play until closing.

Controllers:
Bring your own if possible, but we have rentals available. (You must bring an ID, or another form of collateral, to rent)

Happy Hour:
Beat the clock special: Domestic Bottles $1 until 7 pm, $1.25 from 7-8 pm, and $1.50 from 8-9 pm
$5 GIANT mugs after 9 pm

Prices:
Venue fee – NONE. NO VENUE FEE!
Controller Rental – $3 all evening
Melee Singles – $5
We accept payment by credit card

Pot distribution:
20% to DC eSports. Remaining 80% as follows:
Between 32 and 64 Entrants
1st: 45%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5% each

> 64 Entrants
1st: 40%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5% each
7th: 2.5% each

Outside food and drink is not allowed in the venue.

Please see the Smashboards thread for more detailed information!
http://smashboards.com/threads/apr-25-2014-nintendude-and-dc-esports-presents-smash-clarendon-a-dc-arlington-va.352591/

Follow us at:
http://twitter.com/DCeSportsLANs
http://twitter.com/NintendudeSSB

[display_rating_result_reviews view_format="table" show_name="false" show_view_more="true" display_view="table" limit="1"]

Please rate this Event:



Written by: Greg B.

DMVGamers

DMV Gamers specializes in connecting DC, Maryland, and Virginia gamers by providing a centralized place for all things related to gaming including forums, online servers, and local gaming news. In addition, our team of technical experts provide reviews of computer components and gaming hardware, informing those who are considering upgrades and want to raise their competitive play to the next level.

Tweets

Retweeted Cloudy Heaven Games (@CloudyHeavenGms): #Gamers in the #dmv area, are you looking for an evening of… https://t.co/rfiMFmwbQK
RT @CloudyHeavenGms: #Gamers in the #dmv area, are you looking for an evening of #gaming and food? Join us at #daveandbusters to play games…
Gamers in Washington DC and worldwide might want to pay attention to this. A cryptocurrency app @electroneum design… https://t.co/go51itA4Ll

Flickr Photos