Name NoVa Knockout Presents: ChuDat Smash Up Weeklies!
Company/Org. NoVa Knockout
Company Website (or primary page): www.novaknockout.com
Title of Your Event NoVa Knockout Presents: ChuDat Smash Up Weeklies!
Event Type: Tournament
Is there a Cash Prize? Yes
Is the Cash Guranteed? No
Event Website: https://www.facebook.com/events/1685317595023013/
Street Address 13512 Minnieville Rd Ste 260
State / Province / Region Virginia
Postal / Zip Code 22192
Is this a recurring event? Yes, EVERY FRIDAY of the WEEK.
Event Date: 10-30-2015
Additional Event Day 1: 11-06-2015
Additional Event Day 2: 11-13-2015
Additional Event Day 3: 11-20-2015
Additional Event Day 4: 11-27-2015
Start Time: 07:00 pm
End Time: 12:30 pm
Console Game (if available select): Smash Bros
Other Event Details (prize breakdown, other dates, sponsors, etc):
Welcome to NOVA Knockout, a new gaming community located
in Northern Virginia, that focuses on Smash Bros. NOVA Knockout hopes
to provide the highest level of competition and sportsmanship in this
competitive gaming genre. Combining entertaining commentary, a relaxed
atmosphere and fast-paced excitement NOVA Knockout will be your
favorite place to watch and play games.
Join the Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1H59ihm
*Bring your own controller
Friday, October 30, 2015
Doors Open at 4:00PM for warm-ups
Checkin at 7:00PM
Tournament starts at 7:30PM
13512 Minnieville Rd
Woodbridge, VA 22192
$5 Venue fee (First 3 Game Cube/Wii get a venue waiver at the end of
$5 Entry for Smash Melee
– Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit
– Items are disabled.
– Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff’s Rising Pound or Peach’s
Wall Bomber is banned
– Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul
Stunner are banned.
– Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental
pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
– You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless
agreed by both players.
– A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by
percentage. If percentage is tied, the match is fully replayed.
– Playing as Master Hand is banned
– Friendly Fire enabled
– Life stealing stocks from a teammate is allowed
– Final Destination
– Yoshi’s Story
– Dream Land
– Fountain of Dreams [Singles Only]
– Pokemon Stadium [Doubles Only]
– Pokemon Stadium [Singles Only]
– Kongo Jungle 64 [Doubles Only]
– Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind
Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their
character before picking with the third player verifying their
– Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting
controller port or first Stage Strike
– Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list
above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to
strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes
two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2)
– The players play the first match of the set
– Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full
list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best
of 5 sets.
– The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next
match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a
stage they’ve already won on during this set, unless agreed.
– The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change
– The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change
– The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller
– The next match is played
– Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set