(Nov 21 ’14) Smash @ Clarendon Happy Hour

Special announcement! Since this is the same day that Smash Wii U launches, DC eSports will have the new game with a Gamecube adapter set up for use the whole evening. We’ll also provide an extra monitor, so we can get a 2nd Wii U setup going on the side if someone can provide a Wii U.

Also, this is the last Clarendon before the Arcadian. Make sure to come and get that valuable practice in!

Hard Times Cafe
3028 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, Virginia 22201

6:30 pm – Happy Hour (drinks + friendlies)
7:30 pm – Sign-ups for Melee Singles ends. Tournament begins.
12:00 am – Tournament ends
2:00 am – Venue closes. People are welcome to stay and play until closing.

Bring your own if possible, but we have rentals available. (You must bring an ID, or another form of collateral, to rent)

Happy Hour:
Beat the clock special: Domestic Bottles $1 until 7 pm, $1.25 from 7-8 pm, and $1.50 from 8-9 pm
$5 GIANT mugs after 9 pm

Venue fee – NONE. NO VENUE FEE!
Controller Rental – $3 all evening
Melee Singles – $5

Pot distribution:
20% to DC eSports. Remaining 80% as follows:
Between 32 and 64 Entrants
1st: 45%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5% each

> 64 Entrants
1st: 40%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5% each
7th: 2.5% each

Outside food and drink is not allowed in the venue.

Please see the Smashboards thread for more detailed information!

Follow us at:

Smash at Clarendon

Written by: Greg B.


DMV Gamers specializes in connecting DC, Maryland, and Virginia gamers by providing a centralized place for all things related to gaming including forums, online servers, and local gaming news. In addition, our team of technical experts provide reviews of computer components and gaming hardware, informing those who are considering upgrades and want to raise their competitive play to the next level.


Retweeted Cloudy Heaven Games (@CloudyHeavenGms): #Gamers in the #dmv area, are you looking for an evening of… https://t.co/rfiMFmwbQK
RT @CloudyHeavenGms: #Gamers in the #dmv area, are you looking for an evening of #gaming and food? Join us at #daveandbusters to play games…
Gamers in Washington DC and worldwide might want to pay attention to this. A cryptocurrency app @electroneum design… https://t.co/go51itA4Ll

Flickr Photos