The Cave Gaming Center Weekly Smash Bros Tournament! Every Thursday!
Find details HERE: https://www.facebook.com/TheCaveFairfax/events
The Cave Fairfax
10621 Braddock Rd, Ste B, Fairfax, Virginia 22032
Venue Fee: $10
Super Smash Bros for Wii U Singles: $5
Super Smash Bros for Wii U Doubles: $10/team
6:00PM – Registration open
7:00PM – Smash 4 Doubles Registration Ends.
7:30PM – Smash 4 Doubles Tournament Begins.
8:00PM – Smash 4 Singles Registration Ends.
8:30PM – Smash 4 Singles Tournament Begins.
– Double-elimination bracket.
– Singles: ONLY Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals will be 3 out of 5.
– Doubles: Each match before Top 3 will be best 2 out of 3. Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be Best 3 out of 5.
– 32 entrants or less – 50% / 25% / 15% / 10%
– 64 entrants or less – 48% / 24% / 12% / 8% / 4% / 4%
– Greater than 64 entrants – 46% / 22% / 12% / 8% / 4% / 4% / 2% / 2%
General Gameplay Rules
– BYOC (Bring your own controller).
– You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a counterpick.
– Any controller issues found mid-game is your own responsibility. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match.
– Coaching mid-match is banned.
– Stalling is banned.
– If a player pauses in the middle of a game (unless by request of a TO), that player must lose his/her current stock.
– A match ending in simultaneous death does not go to the initiator. If the result is sudden death from this, use the normal tie-breaking rules (below) to determine the winner. Otherwise use who the game declared the winner.
– If the timer runs out, the winner is determined first by stock, then by percentage. Otherwise, follow the tie-breaking rules.
– If there is a tie in both stock and percentage
– In the event of a tie game (stock and percentages are equal when the clock runs out, or a simultaneous K.O happens that is not resolved by the game), a 1 stock, 3 minute game will be played.
– If this match results in another tie, a 1 stock, no time limit game will be played to determine the winner.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Gameplay Rules
– Singles: 2 stocks, 6 minutes
– Doubles: 3 stocks, 8 minutes
– Items are set to “off” and “none”.
– 1 Stage Ban
Mii Ruling: Only legal sets are the ones listed below. The mii MUST be any guest mii.
– Final Destination**
– Town & City
– Lylat Cruise
– Duck Hunt
– Dreamland 64
– Delfino Plaza
*Miiverse may be played in place of Battlefield if both players agree to it. If Battlefield gets striked, Miiverse is also striked.
**Any Omega Stage may be played in place of Final Destination if both players agree to it. If Final Destination gets striked, Omega Stages are also striked.