See the Smashboards thread HERE:
The Fall Arcadian @ Xanadu
3921 Vero Rd, Halethorpe, MD 21227, USA
Saturday, October 17, 2015 – 11:00 AM
(ends Saturday, October 17, 2015 – 09:00 PM)
Melee Project M Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Xanadu is the one of the premier tournament venues in the United States and we are presenting our Fall Arcadian tournament!
– What is an arcadian?
An arcadian tournament means that anyone currently ranked on the Power Rankings or previously ranked on the power rankings are ineligible to compete in this event. (An eligibility list compiling all the previous power rankings will be posted here.) This is a huge opportunity for newer players/ascending players to take to the main stage and show off their skills. Additionally, the entry fee will be similar to the ones of the weeklies, $5 a person for each tournament. (Venue still normal weekend price).
– Who is included in the in-eligibility list?
Players from Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia who are or have been ranked previously on a joint PR.
– I’m from out of state. Can I compete in the Arcadian?
More than likely no. If you are from out of region and intend to compete, you must first be screened my the T.O. (myself). Please contact me via email.
– What events will be held?
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Singles
Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles
Project M 3.6 Singles
– Will there be doubles?
No. No doubles of any kind will be at this event. Side events will not be permitted due to time constraints.
– Can I register at the door?
No. PRE-REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY. Registration will be handled on Smash.gg, here: https://smash.gg/tournament/the-fall-arcadian-xanadu/register
– If I registered and can’t make it, can I get a refund?
No. No refunds of any kind are permitted. You will be permitted to do a transfer to another eligible player if you cannot make the event. A transfer request must be submitted via email (email on the smash.gg site) and submitted before registration closes on October 10th.
– Is there a cap?
Yes. Melee and Wii U will have a cap of 128 entrants, and Project M will have a cap of 64 entrants.
Location: Xanadu Games (thread has the address info! If Baltimore doesn’t work as the city address, try using Halethorpe or Arbutus. This really isn’t within “Baltimore” per se.) Should be easy to find. Xanadu is the premiere spot for Smash in MD/VA and always has the hottest livestreams.
Games: Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Project M
10am: Doors Open, Check-in Available
11am-1pm: Bracket Wave 1 (Melee Pools 1-4, PM Pools 1-4)
1pm-3pm: Bracket Wave 2 (Melee Pools 5-8, Wii U Pools 1-4)
3pm-5pm: Bracket Wave 3 (Wii U Pools 5-8), PM Top 16
5pm: Melee Top 16
7pm: Wii U Top 16
As we approach the date of the event, a map will be provided detailing where to report to on the tournament day for your matches.
Pre-registration is mandatory: https://smash.gg/tournament/the-fall-arcadian-xanadu/register
THERE WILL BE NO AT THE DOOR REGISTRATION.
Join the S@X group for more info: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashAtXanadu/
Calendar of games:
Mondays- Project M 3.5 Starting at 7:30pm
Tuesdays- Smash for Wii U starting at 7:30pm
Wednesdays- Melee @ 7:30pm, Smash 64 @ 8:30pm
$10 Venue fee (First 5 console setups receive $5 venue off at the end of the day, you must come to the register to claim this)
$5 per singles event
Rules: These rules apply to all events, specific events below. If you have any questions about the rules, please ask up front rather than waiting till after a match to ask. It could be too late!
– Arcadian Event: No participants are permitted who have previously been power ranked in ANY region at any time. This is particular to the specific game- so if you’ve been ranked in PM previously, but not Melee and Smash Wii U, you are permitted to participate in Wii U and Melee but not PM. Additionally, players in the MIOM Top 100 are also banned from participating in Melee, even if they have not been ranked in a region.
– Arcadian Namesake: Anyone registering under a fake name to break the above rule or anyone who has been ranked who registers anyways will be disqualified with NO REFUND.
– Out of state participation: Anyone who does not compete in MD/VA regularly (aka someone who would not be eligible for MD/VA PR’s) MUST confirm with me that they are eligible before registering.
– In-Eligibility List: Please see below section for In-Eligibility list.
– Waves will be broken up into bracket pools- players who lose but qualify for the final bracket will remain in losers bracket.
– Items are set to “off” and “none”
– If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If there is a tie, see the tiebreaker section to follow.
– Controller ports will be decided by players. If there is a conflict, we prefer using the G&W Hammer method to determine who gets to choose.
– You may switch controller ports on your counterpick only.
– BYOC (Bring your own controller). I recommend having a spare, just in case. If you don’t have one, I might have a few for sale.
– Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match. (if pause is on).
– Stalling is banned. You know what this is, ask if you’re unsure.
– If you freeze the game on an action initiated by your character, you lose the game. You are expected to know the boundaries of your character. (This rarely, if ever, happens.)
– Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match.
– If a player pauses the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally), it is a stock loss to the player who pressed it.
– A match ending in simultaneous death does not go to the initiator. If the result is sudden death from this, use the normal tiebreaking rules (to follow) to determine the winner. Otherwise use who the game declared the winner.
– Coaching mid-match is banned. Don’t do it. Coaching between matches must be brief.
– You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a counterpick.
– Any and all infinites (basically, where someone can control the opponent without them being able to do anything about it) must end at 300%, otherwise it becomes stalling. All infinites are entirely legal otherwise.
– ALL sets are best 2 of 3 games, except for Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals, which are 3 of 5 sets.
1. Character selection
2. Stage strike 1-2-1
3. Play Game 1
4. Winning player announces ban stage (3 bans for PM) for the set
5. Loser of previous match announces next match’s stage
6. Winner of previous match chooses characters
7. Loser of previous match chooses characters
8. Play next game
9. Rinse and repeat 4-8 if set goes to a third game.
Note: Tiebreaking is only initiated if the game started a sudden death round upon completion. Otherwise, the game declared winner is the winner of the match.
1. Winner is determined by highest stock count then lowest percent.
2. 1 stock, 3 minute match is played as a tiebreaker match. The winner of this match wins the game. If there is a tie in this match, proceed to step 4.
4. A second 1 stock, no time limit match is played. If a simultaneous death is initiated (such as swallocide) in this match, the initiator loses the match. There is no tie for this match, it is play until you win.
– No intrusive Cosmetic hacks permitted (i.e. 20xx)
– Drugs/Alcohol are banned from Xanadu. Don’t let me see any, smell any, etc. We’ll send you home packing.
– Intentionally disrupting someone mid-match intentionally or accidentally is not acceptable. Please do your best to make sure you are not disrupting a match. This can result in a penalty at T.O.’s discretion.
– Don’t lose anything you’re bringing to the event please, we are not liable for lost/stolen etc.
– TTL Rule: You must register for the event in person, on-time. Once the registration deadline is closed, no further entries will be permitted. Do not try to call me in advance to hold the bracket.
– Collusion of any kind (asking, intentionally throwing matches yourself, “agreeing to split”, etc.) is subject to instant disqualification from all events, forfeiture of all prizes, banning of said players from stream matches and a potential 1 event suspension at the T.O’s discretion.
Melee Specific rules:
– 4 stock game match
– 8 min stock timer
– 1 stage ban in bo3 matches, bans do not persist between matches
– no stage bans in bo5 matches
– Players may agree to a neutral start
– Starter Stages:
Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land 64
– Counterpick stages
Wii U Specific Rules:
– 2 stock game match
– 6 minute timer
– Custom moves are banned
– Mii Fighters are legal in a default 1-1-1-1 configuration
– Smash for Wii U Starter Stages
Palutena’s Temple (Omega)
Town and City
Dream Land 64
– Smash for Wii U Counterpick Stages (2 stage bans)
Omega Stage *
* Pyrosphere is banned as an omega. All other Omegas are legal.
* Note: banning 1 Omega Stage/FD bans all of them
* If a legal CP stage is banned (i.e. Castle Siege), it’s Omega form is banned as well
* Miiverse may be used instead of Battlefield on the counterpick phase
Project M Specific Rules:
– 4 Stock Game Match
– 8 minute timer
– 2 Stage bans, bans do not persist between matches
– PM Starter Stages
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Hill Zone
– PM Counterpick Stages (2 bans)
Dream Land 64
Fountain of Dreams
Prize Payouts (will be done through paypal and not in person)
< 32 Entrants 1st: 55% 2nd: 30% 3rd: 10% 4th: 5% Between 33-96 entrants 1st: 48% 2nd: 24% 3rd: 12% 4th: 8% 5th: 4% 5th: 4% 97 and above 1st: 46% 2nd: 22% 3rd: 12% 4th: 8% 5th: 4% each 7th: 2% each Food Nearby: All within close proximity is Chick-fil-A, McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendy's. There is also a pizza place that delivers that everyone is extremely fond off, as well as Chinese take out. We have the chinese and pizza place order list right there at the counter if you want something. Dominos also delivers: Phone: (410) 242-3030 Livestream/Media: Wii U/Melee - www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp Project M - www.hitbox.tv/project_mdva www.twitter.com/xanadugames - Our store's twitter www.twitter.com/thetantalus -ask me if you have any questions about the event https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashAtXanadu/ - Local facebook group for S@X